Partners and Sponsors
How You can Help
TOC Facebook Page
Calgary Outdoor Club
Edmonton Outdoor Club
Maryland Outdoor Club
Atlanta Outdoor Club
Vancouver Regional Outdoor Club
Almost FAST HIKE NYC to Earl Bales Forestry Loop 11 km - Tue, May 23 2017
Download to your Outlook Calendar
Pour toutes informations en français, s'il vous plaît contactez Jenn à email@example.com.
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Once you've reviewed the event details, and decided you'd like to join us, you MUST sign up at the bottom of this page.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership free and lower cost events).
|Event Type:||Urban Hike|
Outside North York Centre Subway Station - West Side of Yonge Street (Beside Starbucks)|
|Date(s) & Time:||Tue, May 23 2017
|Registration Cut Off:
Mon, May 22 2017 11:55:00 PM
|Event Duration:||about 2 hrs|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||15|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||
9 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Are Dogs Permitted:||
PACE: 6+ km/h we will be quick, no
straggling, strong hikers only!!
The fine print
- Have you wanted to come out on a FAST hike but
weren't sure if you could keep up?
- Well, this "ALMOST FAST" hike might be for
- This is an ALMOST FAST HIKE for strong
hikers, IT IS NOT A CASUAL STROLL.
- (FYI - a FAST HIKE would be 6.5 - 10+ km/h)
The route will take us along a
mix of paved, golf course, gravel and dirt paths
with a few hills,
There will most likely be a couple of muddy
This will be our route:
- Depart from North York Centre
- hike to Earl Bales and surrounding forestry
- back to North York Centre
|Required Items to Bring:|
- flashlight or headlamp
- cell phone
- weather appropriate clothing
- good footwear
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
We'll meet outside the Starbucks at North York
Centre Subway Station. The Starbucks is located on
the west of Yonge St and on the north side of Mel
Lastman Square and across the street from Empress
For those driving:
You can PARK FOR FREE after 6 pm on
side streets west of Beecroft Rd.
Or, there's a pay parking lot on the North-East
corner at Empress/Park Home and Yonge Street,
which is three traffic lights north of Sheppard
Then it's just a short walk to the Starbucks,
which is located on the south-west side.
MAP OF MEETING LOCATION
PICTURE OF STARTING LOCATION
This hike will go forth snow, rain or shine
(Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions,
tornadoes, general discombobulation and hurricanes
may cause cancellation)
Please arrive before the start time, we will
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at email@example.com.
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!