Old Mill subway station entrance|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, May 13 2017, Sun, May 14 2017
|Registration Cut Off:
Wed, May 10 2017 1:00:00 AM
|Event Duration:||2 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||$12.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||
3 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Are Dogs Permitted:||
MANDATORY PRE-MEETING INFO AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ITINERARY SECTION!!!
Have you been thinking about self-supported bike touring, but not sure where to begin? If yes, this event is for you!
We will meet at Old Mill Subway Station and take Humber river trail north for 23km until hitting Indian Line campground. This campground is neither the prettiest nor the quietest one, but it is right on the bike trail!
We will set up camp there and spend the rest of the day exploring trails of Clairville Conservation Area nearby. We will return to the camp for dinner and a good night sleep.
The next day we will cook breakfast, ride around some more and then head back home
There will be a mandatory pre-meeting on 27 April, 6pm. Please sign-up for the event only if you can make it to the pre-meeting. I will arrive on my bike and show my equipment. You are welcome to bring your bike and show your setup.
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Well-maintained bike suited to bike touring (capable of carrying at least 2 pannier bags in the rear);
- Bicycle repair kit with a spare tire tube;
- Water and bottles for carrying water while riding;
- Snacks for the ride;
- Small tent (unless sharing);
- Sleeping bag (rated +5C);
- Cooking equipment;
- Food for Saturday night and Sunday morning;
- Bike lights;
- Rain-gear; change of clothes and toiletries.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
- Take the Bloor line to Old Mill station.
- Come outside the front entrance, and gather just to the right of the doors.
- Car from 401:
- Exit at Islington Ave.
- Travel south to Bloor St. W.
- Turn left (east) on Bloor St. W.
- Continue along Bloor St. W. to Old Mill Trail (about the 7th traffic light).
- Turn left on Old Mill Trail (at Old Mill subway station/formerly Humber Blvd.)
- Car from QEW (eastbound):
- Exit at Islington Ave.
- Travel north to Bloor St. W.
- Turn right (east) on Bloor St. W.
- Follow Bloor St. to Old Mill Trail (at Old Mill subway station/formerly Humber Blvd.)
- Turn left on Old Mill Trail.
- Car from Gardiner (westbound):
- Exit at South Kingsway and continue north to Bloor St. W.
- Turn left (west) on Bloor St. W., and cross the Humber River Bridge.
- Turn right on Old Mill Trail (at Old Mill subway station/formerly Humber Blvd.)
View Larger Map
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||This is an estimate of your part of camping costs, payable upon arrival to the campground office. It could be slightly lower or higher depending on the number of participants. |
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the TOC. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: The event may be canceled or postponed due to inclement weather.