|Event Type:||Urban Hike|
FINCH SUBWAY STATION passenger drop-off. NW corner of Yonge St + Hendon Ave|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jan 29 2017
|Registration Cut Off:
Sat, Jan 28 2017 9:50:00 AM
|Event Duration:||about 2 hrs|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||
12 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Are Dogs Permitted:||
DISTANCE: 9 km
PACE: 5 km/h
ICERS: We may need icers for
a few sections of this hike. You should always
keep icers in your pack during the winter months
just in case.
This hike will be along a mix of paved, gravel
and dirt paths. There may be some muddy and icy
We'll start at Finch Subway Station, and end at
York Mills subway station. (We will not be hiking
back to Finch)
This is the route we will take.
- Start at Finch Subway Station
- south to York Cemetery
- thru Earl Bales (pass by the ski hill bottom)
- thru Don Valley Golf Course (golf season is
- end at York Mills station
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Good footwear
- we may need icers for traction
- Weather appropriate clothing
- cell phone
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- icers for traction
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Finch Subway Station is on the Yonge-
University subway line. It is the terminal
station at the very north end on the Yonge subway
We will meet at the passenger pick up and drop
off Kiss 'N Ride which is on the WEST side of
Yonge St. NW corner of Yonge St + Hendon
If you are driving, there is free TTC parking
on weekends and statutory holidays.
Enter Finch West Parking Lot from the west side of
Yonge Street, just north of Hendon Road; or from
the north side of Hendon Road, just west of Yonge
Capacity is 1,552 spaces.
MAP OF MEETING LOCATION
PICTURE OF MEETING LOCATION
This hike will go forth snow, rain or shine
(Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions,
tornadoes, general discombobulation and hurricanes
may cause cancellation)
Please arrive before the start time, we will
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!