Partners and Sponsors
How You can Help
TOC Facebook Page
Calgary Outdoor Club
Edmonton Outdoor Club
Maryland Outdoor Club
Atlanta Outdoor Club
Vancouver Regional Outdoor Club
Bruce Trail: Canada Day mega hiking weekend - Thu, Jun 30 2011, Fri, Jul 1 2011, Sat, Jul 2 2011, Sun, Jul 3 2011
Download to your Outlook Calendar
Pour toutes informations en français, s'il vous plaît contactez Jenn à firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRE-REGISTRATION & ADVANCE PAYMENT REQUIRED: Once you've reviewed the event details, and decided you'd like to join us, you MUST sign up at the bottom of this page.After you sign up at the bottom, you will be presented with information about how to pay. Late payments are NOT accepted for this event, in any circumstance.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership free and lower cost events).
Bruce Trail - Meaford area|
|Date(s) & Time:||Thu, Jun 30 2011, Fri, Jul 1 2011, Sat, Jul 2 2011, Sun, Jul 3 2011
5:00 PM (Carpool Departure: 5:00 PM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Sat, Apr 30 2011 11:30:00 PM
|Event Duration:||3 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||$139.05/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Minimum Group Size:||8|
|Number Registered So Far:||
8 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Are Dogs Permitted:||
This weekend will provide us with an
opportunity to cover about 75km of the Bruce
Trail, in the end-to-end quest. Start and end
hiking points will depend on how far along the
Trail we get by the July long weekend, but
probably will be in the Sydenham section.
We will drive up to Duntroon on Thursday after
work, and will stay at the Highlands
Nordic Farmhouse on Thursday, Friday, and
Saturday nights. This will allow us to get on the
trail relatively early each day. The Farmhouse is
fully equipped with plenty of bathrooms, a sauna
(nice after a hike), fire pit and bbq.
We'll do three day hikes, each around 25km in
length, hiking around 6 hours each day. Remember,
day 2 and day 3 will be more painful than day 1!
We will be sharing the Farmhouse with TOC
members who will be on a TOC cycling
event. Please indicate when you sign up if
you have a bike rack and could help out
transporting one or two bikes up to the Farmhouse.
We'll purchase communal supplies for breakfasts
and dinners. Each member will need to bring
fixings for three lunches, but there is a
refrigerator in which to store items that need to
be kept cool.
On Saturday afternoon/evening, after the hike,
those who want to will head to nearby Blue
Mountain, to enjoy the facilities at the Scandinave Spa. Each member
will pay his or her own entry fee for the Spa, the
price is not included in the cost for the weekend.
There will be a mandatory pre-trip meeting on
Tuesday, June 21 at Chalker's, starting at 6:30pm.
- Previous D5 hike experience or at least 3 D4
hikes with me in the past two years is required.
If you have no TOC D4 or D5 hike events, indicate
what 20+ km hikes you have completed in the past
two years in the notes when you sign up - waiting
list priority will be given to members who provide
- Each hike will include an end-to-end car
shuttle so there will be no opportunity for drop-
outs. You must be able to hike for 5 or 6 hours,
for a distance of around 25km at a pace of between
4.5 and 5 kph
- The trail will be rough and steep in places,
so footwear with good foot and ankle support is
|Required Items to Bring:|
- 2 litres of water each day
- Lunch and snacks each day
- Footwear with good ankle support
- Weather-proof jacket and pants
- Personal toiletries
- Slippers or soft shoes to wear in the
- Pyjamas - accommodation is in shared rooms!
- Money for carpool
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- Walking poles
- Change of clothes (in case you get muddy)
- Hat and gloves
- Swimsuit (for Spa)
- First aid kit
- Map of area
|How to Get There:|
All participants must meet at the carpool. If
you feel you have extenuating circumstances, contact
the event coordinator however, be forewarned, she
may not be swayed by your plea...
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||580Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $113.10 (calculated at total Km * $0.195, effective Friday, March 27, 2015). This is based on $0.08/Km for maintenance, plus current gas price divide by 9. Your event coordinator will confirm exactly how much money is required from each person.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the TOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with full refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where TOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refund of money if you cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
- 3-nights accommodation (includes HST): $105
- Food: $30
- 3% TOC transfer fee: $4.05
Accommodation cost is based on the minimum
number of participants. Refunds will be given if
more than the minimum number registers.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the TOC on Sat, Apr 30 2011.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
- The weekend will go ahead regardless of
forecast. Each day will be assessed for safe
conditions for hiking.