|Event Location:||Hilton Falls Conservation Area|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 5:00 AM *log in for location*)|
|Registration Cut Off:||Mon, Sep 9 2013 12:00:00 AM|
|Event Duration:||All day, late return|
|Difficulty Rating:||D5: Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||$14.42/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||1|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||13 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
The terrain is variable, rocky in places. The distance is 50 km.
On this event we'll join up with the Toronto Bruce Trail Club to participate in their one day End-to-End of the Toronto section of the Bruce Trail, in the Halton Hills, from Terra Cotta to the Hilton Falls Conservation Area. We'll meet up with the other participants at Hilton Falls Conservation Area at 6:00 am, and leave our cars at the parking lot. The BT club will arrange for a bus leaving at 6AM that will take us to the start of the hike, and we'll hike back at our own pace the 50km to our cars. Those making the full distance will receive a badge. Every 7-10 kilometers along the way, we'll pass a checkpoint where we can replenish water, enjoy refreshments provided by our hosts, and if necessary, drop off.
Note that we have to leave from Downsview no later than 5:00AM so we have enough time to arrive at the meeting place on time, and get ourselves ready ie. hiking shoes, sunscreen etc. This is before the subways open. We may be able to help with arranging sharing of cabs or rides.
This event is suitable for advanced hikers only, and is restricted to regular D5 hikers.
|How to Get There:|
Hilton Falls Conservation Area parking lot. Enter from Campbellville Rd (Halton Rd 9)
View Larger Map
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||125Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||5:00 AM|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
|Carpool Cost:||Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $25.00 (calculated at total Km * $0.200, effective Sunday, September 20, 2020). This is based on $0.08/Km for maintenance, plus current gas price divide by 9. Your event coordinator will confirm exactly how much money is required from each person.|
The maximum group size has been set to one, so
everyone goes through the wait list. We'll try to
take as many regular D5 hikers as we can, given
sufficient vehicle space.|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the TOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with full refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where TOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refund of money if you cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Registration for the Toronto Bruce Trail 1 day end-to-end. The costs cover parking, transportation from Hilton Falls Conservation Area to the start of the hike, badges and refreshments, plus 3% TOC transfer fee ($0.42).|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the TOC on Mon, Sep 9 2013.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!