|Event Location:||Huntsville area|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Mar 1 2019, Sat, Mar 2 2019, Sun, Mar 3 2019 3:00 PM (Carpool Departure: 3:00 PM *log in for location*)|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Nov 30 2018 8:00:00 PM|
|Event Duration:||All weekend|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||$224.25/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||15|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Number Registered So Far:||14 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
The GTA has seen it's first glimpse of winter, so start thinking about snow activities! Join us for a fun, fantastic weekend of cross-country skiing or showshoeing at Bondi Village Resort, near Algonquin Park. Here's a link to the Algonquin snow report, which will have similar conditions to those at Bondi.
Get up early and ski before breakfast; take a headlight and snowshoe after supper... Bondi Village has over 20 km of trails on a private wilderness reserve. Trails vary in difficulty; each offers its own special micro-environment and natural features. Approximately 15 km are groomed and track set for Nordic skiing. Snow- shoeing is allowed on designated trails, and alongside the ski trails - just stay off the ski tracks! In winter, small groups of deer come right among the cottages, and on occasion, the local wolf pack may also come onto the property, although we're more likely to hear them than to actually see them. If ice conditions are suitable, a skating rink may be cleared on the lake, so if you fancy skating, bring your skates.
We've booked The Lodge, a self-contained house featuring 7 bedrooms, a fireplace in the lounge, a games room and a library. Note that, while one or two couples may be accommodated, rooms are shared dorm-style. Dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday will be prepared and shared as a group, so we'll sort out a menu ahead of time.
|How to Get There:|
All participants to meet at the carpool, unless other arrangements are approved ahead of time - Hwy 400 Carpool locations are generally acceptable
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||460Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||3:00 PM|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
|Carpool Cost:||Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $87.86 (calculated at total Km * $0.191, effective Thursday, February 21, 2019). This is based on $0.08/Km for maintenance, plus current gas price divide by 9. Your event coordinator will confirm exactly how much money is required from each person.|
Menus and carpool arrangements will be worked out closer to the event date.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the TOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with full refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where TOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refund of money if you cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
Cost does NOT include:
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the TOC on Fri, Nov 30 2018.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!