|Event Type:||Urban Hike|
Eramosa River Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Apr 22 2017
9:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 9:05 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, Apr 21 2017 5:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||8-9 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
Members Only, All Ages Welcome
|Maximum Group Size:||16|
|Minimum Group Size:||1|
|Number Registered So Far:||
9 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Are Dogs Permitted:||
Drivers will get preference on the
list. I'll increase the maximum
participants as we get more drivers.
Doors Open is an annual
events, when many sites in Ontario
communities open their doors to the
We'll meet at the Downsview
station at 9:00
am, and drive to the Eramosa River
at Guelph. You can also meet us at
the Park, at
10:00 am. The parking is located near
Florence Ln at Lawrence Ave.
We'll walk to the Guelph market
visiting the following sites along
- Toronto Suburban Railway
- The Covered Bridge
- St. George's Anglican Church and
Canadian Pacific Railway Caboose
- The New Petrie Building and
Brewing Company (15 Wyndham St N)
We'll take a lunch break around
Market Square area.
After lunch, we will return to the
River Park, via:
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Cash for carpool (around $9 to
depending on the number of passengers
- Post-hike footwear / bag for
footwear (to help keep the cars
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- Lunch / Snacks (alternatively,
you can find
food at the Guelph market square)
|How to Get There:|
Meet at carpool, 9:00
Downsview TTC station Passenger
Pick-up. Link to map.
Meet at event, 10:00
Eramosa River Park (Lawrence Ave at
Florence Ln, Guelph, ON N1E 5Y3). Link to map.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||175Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $35.18 (calculated at total Km * $0.201, effective Sunday, April 30, 2017). This is based on $0.08/Km for maintenance, plus current gas price divide by 9. Your event coordinator will confirm exactly how much money is required from each person.
- The hike will go in case of light
rain (possibly with changed
route). It'll be canceled in case of
a severe thunderstorm.
- Dog owners bring their own cars
(or find drivers who are willing to
let dogs inside their vehicles). The
Doors Open sites may not
allow dogs inside.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at email@example.com.
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!