|Event Type:||Urban Hike|
Old York Mills Road (SOUTH EXIT)|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jan 29 2017
|Registration Cut Off:
Sat, Jan 28 2017 12:05:00 PM
|Event Duration:||about 3.5 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||15|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||
11 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Are Dogs Permitted:||
DISTANCE: 16 km
PACE: 5.5 km/h (a lively pace)
DIFFICULTY: D4 (because of distance and
pace and some of the terrain)
ICERS: We may need icers for
a few sections of this hike. You should always
keep icers in your pack during the winter months
just in case.
This hike MAY include about
1 km of mountain bike trails with some VERY VERY
STEEP STEEP ups and downs.
This hike will be along a mix of paved, gravel
and dirt paths. There may be some icy or muddy
This is the route we will take.
- Start at Old York Mills Road (SOUTH EXIT)
- east thru a nice residential area
- south to Edwards Gardens
- thru Sunnybrook Park (WC probably open)
- thru Serena Gundy Park
- around E.T. Seton Park
- head west
- end at Lawrence Station
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Good footwear
- we may need icers for traction
- Weather appropriate clothing
- cell phone
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
We are NOT meeting at the corner of
Yonge and York Mills.
We ARE meeting on Old York Mills Rd
which is immediately south of the
Shell gas station. This is the SOUTH exit of the
If coming from the 401:
Drive south along Yonge St into the valley.
Look for Old York Mills, which is one block south
of York Mills Road & Wilson Ave.
If coming by Transit:
Travel to York Mills subway station on the
Yonge Subway line.
3 Stops south of Finch, 7 stops
north of Bloor.
Exit at at the south-entrance.
There are signs on the platform pointing to
'Old York Mills Road' Follow those signs.
We'll meet at the entrance, its just across the
street from the Shell Gas Station.
MAP OF STARTING LOCATION
PICTURE OF STARTING LOCATION
This hike will go forth snow, rain or shine
(although kerfuffles, earthquakes, tsunamis,
tornadoes, general discombobulation
consternation, or hurricanes
may cause cancellation)
Please arrive before the start time, we will
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!