Partners and Sponsors
How You can Help
TOC Facebook Page
Calgary Outdoor Club
Edmonton Outdoor Club
Maryland Outdoor Club
Atlanta Outdoor Club
Vancouver Regional Outdoor Club
UTOC Cabin X-Country Ski Weekend: Rescheduled! - Fri, Feb 24 2017, Sat, Feb 25 2017, Sun, Feb 26 2017
Download to your Outlook Calendar
Pour toutes informations en français, s'il vous plaît contactez Jenn à firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRE-REGISTRATION & ADVANCE PAYMENT REQUIRED: Once you've reviewed the event details, and decided you'd like to join us, you MUST sign up at the bottom of this page.After you sign up at the bottom, you will be presented with information about how to pay. Late payments are NOT accepted for this event, in any circumstance.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership free and lower cost events).
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Feb 24 2017, Sat, Feb 25 2017, Sun, Feb 26 2017
7:00 PM (Carpool Departure: 7:00 PM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Thu, Feb 2 2017 6:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||2 overnights|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||$41.50/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||17|
|Minimum Group Size:||8|
|Number Registered So Far:||
12 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Are Dogs Permitted:||
|Discover the University of Toronto Outing Club's (UTOC) Cabin! |
Please note the fast approaching payment cut off date of Thu, Jan 12 2017 6:00:00 PM
Come spend a weekend of great skiing, great food and great conversation. In late February, snow conditions are often good on Kolapore’s beautiful ungroomed trails.
We will leave the city sometime on Friday afternoon or evening, depending on when participants can get out of the city, and return Sunday evening.
Please note: we will have lights out, quiet time from 12am. The reason is that the cabin is open concept and noise travels.
If trip participants would like, I will be happy to give an informal, basic ski lesson to beginners.
UTOC cabin details:
· The Cabin is rustic and has an outhouse. You need to bring a flashlight.
· Sleeping arrangements: There are some foam rubber mattresses You need to bring sleeping bag or warm blankets, sheets, and pillows.
· Food: Meals will be communal. If there is demand, we will provide a veggie option. There is a full kitchen with a gas oven and stove. Volunteer(s) each buy the food for a meal. They are responsible to lead (with lots of help) cooking or preparing the meal at the Cabin. We share food costs equally.
· Water: We bring drinking water with us. There is a spring to get water to do dishes with.
· Remember the Cabin lies in the Snow Belt! And so little or no snow in Toronto does not mean poor snow conditions at the Cabin. However, if there is not enough snow on the Kolapore trails, those right at the cabin, two commercial x-country ski resorts are within 30 minutes car ride. They groom their trails and therefore have an even better chance of good snow conditions.
Things to bring up with you:
1. Sleeping bag or warm blankets, sheets, and pillows
2. Ski, boots and poles. If you do not own equipment, rent them at a place like MEC.
3. Indoor and outdoor clothes
4. Indoor shoes
WHEN YOU SIGN UP PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN THE NOTES SECTIONS - Just paste my questions there and then answer them.
For drivers, and possible drivers…
1. How many passengers can you take with you, if you take skis and if you don’t take Skis? Also, can you take skis on roof racks? Important for people with long skis.
2. Do you have any food allergies or other food restrictions?
3. Will volunteer to buy food for the group? If yes, which meal would you like to cover?
4. If you are taking your skis, how long are they? – Please estimate if you are unsure.
5. Do you want an short informal ski lesson?
|Required Items to Bring:|
warm sweater, and pants for indoor use it can be cool in the evening
sleeping bag or warm blankets, sheets, and pillows
xc ski equipment and water bottle
flashlight (good to find the outhouse at night)
regular outdoor clothes, suited to activity - layers
Slippers or shoes for inside the Cabin different from outdoor foot wear
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
Musical instruments and board games.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||30 minutes west of Collingwood. Drivers and others please email me for the directions.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||320Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $63.36 (calculated at total Km * $0.198, effective Wednesday, February 22, 2017). This is based on $0.08/Km for maintenance, plus current gas price divide by 9. Your event coordinator will confirm exactly how much money is required from each person.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the TOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with full refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where TOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refund of money if you cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Cabin rent is $40 per person. $1.50 TOC Paid Event Fee.
Your portion of the carpool cost is extra.
And extra money for trail fee at ski resorts in case Kolapore Trails have poor conditions (approx. $50 for two days)
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the TOC on Thu, Feb 2 2017.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
Sorry, either registration for this event is closed, or the event is full. If you are a TOC Member, you may add yourself to the Waiting List here.
Note that if the event maximum has not been reached, but you are still seeing this box, it is because the maximum was reached at one point and there are already others ahead of you on the list.